GURUGRAM: Residents of Wembley Estate in Sector 49 have alleged that the builder has delayed signing an agreement to transfer the maintenance of the society to its RWA, despite agreeing to the handover.
Once the pact is inked, the developer, Ajay Enterprises Private Limited, will have to refund over Rs 10 crore that it took from residents on account of maintenance charges, they said.
Wembley Estate has around 636 flats. According to RWA members, residents have approached DTCP and other government authorities, to no avail. “The takeover happened last year on July 1, but they have not yet formally signed the documents. Because of this, a number of problems have come up. We have hardly any funds to manage the upkeep of society,” said Pankaj Dhar, president of Wembley Estate RWA.
Dhar said the builder was supposed to refund interest-free maintenance security, club security fees, building replacement fund and other funds, all of which amounted to over Rs 10 crore.
“A formal agreement would have meant that builder was handing over the transfer and with it, all these funds which are deposited with it. While it has informed the government that the transfer has taken place, no formal agreement was ever signed,” another resident said.
Residents also said they sent e-mails to DTCP and MCG, but received no response. “While on one hand the builder has claimed that it has handed over the maintenance and administration of Wembley Estate to the RWA, it is shying away from signing the takeover agreement. There are several significant issues awaiting a resolution which are far from closure, for example, the issue of parking. Parking space has not been allotted to residents,” Amol, another resident added.
A spokesperson from Ajay Builders said the builder withdrew from handling maintenance on the residents’ demand. “As far other issues are concerned, they (residents) should meet us and all matters will be amicably resolved,” he said.